Sunday 1 January 2012

The turning of 2011 to 2012.

I thought I'll do an additional post and talk about memories from 2011.

So for me, 2011 was..not that special. I turned 16 in January which I didn't really celebrate - not really a big deal so having a family dinner and a girly lunch was fine. Had exams, all that. More school plus other events which I don't remember specifically so yeah. Finishing Y11 and leaving that hell hole was the best time ever. I could finally get myself away from all the bad memories - well, not get away cos I'll always remember but get away from all the negative people in my life. In a way, start afresh. From my time at that school, I made alot of mistakes. Trusting people too easily, not devoting myself enough to school - tbh, if I could, I would go back in time to do things right. But I can't control time.

So during Summer, I had a good old cleanout. Pictures, social networking, the lot. I removed all that negativeness that was visible out of my life and it felt good. It felt like there's nothing to hold me back now, that I'm on my own. Sure, I went from like 700+ friends to just little over 200 on Facebook but knowing that those 200 are the ones I want close to me, people that - I hope - will always have my back felt so good than having 700 fake friends.

Summertime wasn't much special neither. I way preferred 2010.
The fact that a few of my friends were away on holiday and a few of my friends had found new people to hang out with was a bit meh tbh. Idk why but I'm not the type of person to want to meet new people anymore. Anymore meaning since 2010 where, after alot of lies and betrayal, developing alot of trust issues. I also got a job meaning I wasn't going out very much. But when I did go out, some of the new people I met are actually okay that I question now about why I judged in the first place. It gave me hope that there are some people that are genuinely kind-hearted.

The day I got my GCSE results was the scariest day in my life up to that point. Seeing the grades - which still wasn't great - made me so happy that I could get into college, far from there as possible. All throughout the Summer, I prayed to God everyday that I would get results good enough to get into college. I thank God for standing by me all this time to be honest.

Had more work then spent time preparing myself for college. And then college started. My job had be turnt into a part time work of just working Fridays and Saturdays, which is not that bad. I'm still studying, and still earning my own money. College was different. It was a whole different world. And I love every single minute of it. So far, I've developed great friendships and yeah.. it's great. It's a big jump from GCSE though and I'm taking it pretty slow..too slow in fact. Really need to start revising, bleeeh.

And finally, nearing the end of the year.
One of the most eventful time is of course, the United Cube concert at London o2 Brixton. I would most definitely relive that.
Christmas was brilliant, spending time with my most loved. I really couldn't ask for more.
And last but not least, New Years. Partying into the new year with my loved ones was the best time ever. Comparing it to last year, different setting but still as fun. Again, I really couldn't ask for more and would relive it again.

All in all, 2011 was, in one word, eventful.
I just hope 2012 brings me more. More love, laughter and joy.
サリーちゃんでした。

PS: I was gonna do events in order but i cba, too long. Much love still. Hohoho~

No comments:

Post a Comment